As a document manager, TagSpaces is suitable for organizing and browsing every kind files. But the support for handling photos is noteworthy thanks to the following features:
- Possibility to add tags and description to images and the containing folders.
- Browsing the images in a grid view
- Showing the tags and the description of the images in the grid view
- Setting custom thumbnail and color to a folder with photos for easy navigation and visual orientation by browsing
- Generating thumbnails for JPG, PNG, GIF, SVG, BMP and WEBP image format
- Considering the EXIF orientation in JPG files by the thumbnail generation
TagSpaces has a build-in image viewer supporting many advanced features such as:
- zooming in and out a specific area of the image just by pointing it with the mouse cursor and using the mouse wheel
- changing the background color in order to increase the viewing contrast
- black and white mode
- rotating and mirroring of the image
- reading EXIF and IPTC information embedded in JPG files
- printing the image
- fullscreen mode
The following screenshot shows the image viewer extension, with opened main menu, from where most of the previously mentioned features can be accessed.
In the following section you can try a read-only demo of TagSpaces demonstrating the previously mentioned photo management capabilities.