How can TagSpaces be helpful to you?
Collect ➜ Organize ➜ Find
Create & Collect
With the TagSpaces Web Clipper you can collect web pages, bookmarks, geo-coordinates or screenshot from the Web. With the built-in advanced WYSIWYG Markdown editor you can create notes that can include tables, todo-lists, math formulas or diagrams.
Organize & Annotate
TagSpaces can connect to any folder on your hard drive and provide a convenient way to browse its content. You have the ability to add labels called tags to any file or folder. On top of that in the Pro version you can add descriptions and geo-tags to files and folders.
Search & Find - Be productive
Using tags along the folder hierarchy allows you to have cross references in the folders. The built-in search allows you to find files with any combination of tags. The PRO version features a full-text search on text files, which makes it a valuable substitution for Desktop search applications.
No Login ➜ No Backend ➜ No tracking
Privacy by design
Keep complete control over your data! Our app requires no internet connection or online registration to run, so your files never leave your computer and you can access them at any time. Furthermore, our app will never collect any user data or track your behavior. Your files remain safely with you.
Just files - No vendor locking
TagSpaces only stores meta information such as tags, descriptions, and colors in easily readable text files. Since we do not have a database or a software back-end, there is no vendor locking and you can easily access your data even without our app.
Always available - No Internet, no problem
Our desktop application runs entirely on your computer or smartphone without using the Internet. It is up to you to decide which tools you can use to sync (e.g. Nextcloud, Dropbox, Syncthing) and which ones you can use to encrypt (e.g. Cryptomator) your annotated files on different devices.
Our key principle: Local-first, offline-first!
Open and Extensible
TagSpaces Lite, the core of our applications, is open source and released under the AGPL license. Built using modern web technologies, this application is easily extensible using its plugins, referred to as extensions, most of which are released under the MIT license.
Intuitive and easy to use
TagSpaces is designed to be easy to install and use. It offers a consistent user experience for organizing and annotating files across Windows, macOS, Linux, and Android platforms.
- Organize your photos, documents, music, recipes or invoices with tags in the same way on all platforms.
- You can assign custom color to every folder and tag, which makes the visual search easy.
- You can add a custom thumbnail and text description to every file or folder.
- In contrary to the most file tagging applications, TagSpaces does not persist the tags in a centralized way. As a consequence, the added meta information is not vendor locked.
- TagSpaces can be used as a full-fledged note-taking application similar to Evernote or Notion.
- You can create and edit notes in WYSIWYG text editors.
- Markdown, HTML and plain text are the available formats for the notes.
- Common blocks such as lists, headers, tables and embedded images can be used
- Our new Markdown editor supports even LaTeX math equations and source code snippets.
- You can create To-Do lists and organize them in a kind of offline personal wiki for tracking your projects, ideas or memories.
- Open your digital photos and images
- Preview and organize documents, spreadsheets or scans
- Listen to your music and play videos
- Preview 3D models and files for 3D printing
- Organize your eBook library
- Build you own personal digital asset management system
- The list of the supported files formats is still growing.
- Browse, preview, tag and search the files located there.
- Edit files located in the cloud without downloading and re-uploading them.
- Upload new files to the buckets with simple drag and drop actions.
- Create time-limited, sharable links to files on buckets.
- Create your own Dropbox or Evernote-like services only by using AWS S3, Wasabi or MinIO as back-end.
- MinIO is explicitly supported, allowing you to self-host S3 compatible buckets on NAS systems and manage them.
- Personal task management or "Personal Kanban"
- Track progress on projects
- Use Kanban board for hiring process or in marketing teams
- Import existing Trello boards for a offline support
- Display geo-tagged files on a digital map
- Place any file or folder on a map
- Annotate maps with files
- Privately save favorite places
- Plan or document trips and places to visit
- Extract geo coordinates from photos with the built-in IPTC/EXIF support
- We offer free Chrome, Edge and Firefox browser extensions for web clipping.
- Saving whole web pages or only part of them, allowing you to use the application similar to the many "read in later" services.
- Take a screenshot from the visible part of the webpage or create a bookmark to it. This, together with the tagging support allows you to use TagSpaces as a full-fledged bookmark manager.
- Using just files for storing the web pages has many advantages. The main one is that your collected content is not "taken hostage" in any online service.
and taking notes
no strings attached
- Add tags to files and folders
- Manage files and folders
- Create thumbnails for images and videos
- Take notes as plain files - no vendor locking
- Clip web pages for later use
- Preview and print files
- Search tagged files and folders
- Use the app in dark mode
- Connect S3 compliant object storage like from AWS S3, Wasabi or MinIO
use TagSpaces Pro in a web browser
- Host the app on your own infrastructure
- Simple to setup and maintain
- Create custom deployment configurations
- Use the app on mobile devices
- Can be installed on NAS
- Work exclusively with object storage
for a custom quote
- On-premises web application
- PWA mobile app
- Multi-Factor Authentication
- White-label custom packages
- Development of custom extensions
- Read-only mode for embedding in websites
- Priority technical support