Maps and geotagging in TagSpaces Pro
Combining a file manager with a map has countless possibilities, here we will present some of them. The maps used in TagSpaces are based on OpenStreetMaps.
Some ideas for using maps in TagSpaces:
- Save favorite places privately
- Plan and document trips and places to visit
- Show pictures from trips on map
- Present your whole photo galleries on a map
- Visualize customers or team/club members on a map
- Annotate - add special notes as files on a map
To manage geo-tagged files and folders we have created the Mapique perspective. Here are some key features:
- Extract geo location data from JPEG's EXIF information
- Place any file or folder on a map
- Navigate from one folder with geo-tagged entries to another
- Support different map theme providers, even self-hosted ones (for maximum privacy)
- Geo-tag current folder with the current coordinates from the map
- For the maps we use the popular OpenStreetMap service, you can easily exchange the map tile server with your own.