Digital maps and geotagging in TagSpaces ProCombining a file manager with a map has countless possibilities, here we will present some of them. The maps used in TagSpaces are based on OpenStreetMaps.
Geotagging use cases
Some ideas for using maps in TagSpaces:
- Save favorite places privately
- Plan and document trips and places to visit
- Show pictures from trips on map
- Present photo galleries on a map
- Visualize customers or team/club members on a map
- Manage real estate properties
- Annotate geographic areas by adding notes on a map
Placing files and folders on a map
To manage geo-tagged files and folders we have created the Mapique perspective. Here are some key features:
- Extract geo location data from JPEG's EXIF information
- Place any file or folder on a map
- Navigate from one folder with geo-tagged entries to another
- Geo-tag current folder with the current coordinates from the map
- For the maps we use the popular OpenStreetMap service, you can easily exchange the map tile server with your own.
Using custom map tile servers
TagSpaces Pro can be configured to use custom map tile servers. The screenshot shows TagSpaces using the default map tile server from the OpenStreetMap, the map from OpenTopoMap and two themes from Maptiler.
Bellow is a read-only demo of TagSpaces, where tagging and file operations are disabled. The demo can be opened in a separate tab, for an experience in full width of the browser.
This demo is based on TagSpaces Enterprise (deployed on Cloudflare Pages with Wasabi object storage). If the demo is not displayed in your browser, you can open it in a separate tab