- Save whole web pages in MHTML, PDF or HTML formats
- Save parts of web page
- Take a screenshot of the visible part of the web page
- Save bookmark with an integrated screenshot of the page
- Save currently opened PDF-document
- Add directly tags to saved content, searchable later in TagSpaces
- The date and time of the clipping, the original internet address of the web page and a screenshot of it is saved in the created HTML and bookmark files.
- The saved screenshot is used later by the desktop application as a thumbnail.
- By saving web pages showing online map services such as OpenStreetMap or Google MapsTM the current geo coordinates are extracted and saved as tags.
- By saving a screenshot from the current web page, the domain of this web page is added as a tag next to the current date and time and the tag
- The automatically extracted tags make finding of content later in TagSpaces very easy.
- Reading the content in the form it was created in and not a potentially changed version
- No more bookmarks leading to dead links
- Access the content even if you are currently offline
The browser extensions are a useful addition to the desktop applications of TagSpaces, allowing a seamless way to collect and organize content from the web locally. Nevertheless, the basic functionalities of the web clipper are completely decoupled from the desktop application of TagSpaces, so they can be used with other applications supporting HTML, MHTML, PNG, PDF or URL files.