The concept of extensions was implemented almost from the beginning of the project. The main difference now is that all the extensions created over the years are extracted from the TagSpaces core and published as separate repositories on the github.com/tagspaces. The majority of them are licensed under the permissive MIT license, so feel free to fork, extend and improve them. TagSpaces supports the following types of extension:
The perspective extensions offer alternative views over the files in the current folder.
- Grid - default perspective, allowing viewing of files and folders in grid and list formats, supporting thumbnails
- Mapique - a perspective showing geo-tagged files and folder on a map. This extension is available in the Pro and Enterprise packages
- Gallery - a perspective optimized for browsing and viewing photos and images. This extension is available in the Pro and Enterprise packages
The viewer extensions are used for opening of different kind of file types, varying from pictures and office documents to music and video formats. A full list of the supported file types can be found in the documentation.
- Media Player - player for various audio and video file formats
- HTML Reader - viewer for html files, with support readability and theming modes
- Image Viewer - viewer images, supporting on the top of the standard formats such as JPG, GIF or PNG, previewing for PSD and some TIFF files.
- Document Viewer - viewer for office documents.
- Spreadsheet Viewer - viewer for CSV and spreadsheet files.
- Bookmark Viewer - viewer for url or bookmark files, allowing to use the app as a bookmark manager. If the url files has a built-in screenshot of the page taking it is also displayed in this extension.
- Markdown Reader - a viewer for Markdown files, with theming support.
- MHTML Reader - a viewer for MHTML files with readability and theming mode
- PDF Viewer - a viewer for PDF documents
- RTF Viewer - allows previewing RTF (rich text format) documents
- Text Reader - a viewer for text files
- EPUB Reader - viewer for ebooks in EPUB format
- Archive Viewer - allows you to preview the content of zip archives.
As the name says with this group of extensions you can edit the content of some file types directly in TagSpaces.
- HTML Editor - this is the default editor for note or rich text content in the app.
- Markdown Editor - a viewer and WYSIWYG editor for Markdown files.
- Text Editor - a viewer and editor for plain text files, supporting syntax highlighting for markdown and source code from various modern programming languages.
- JSON Editor - a viewer and editor for JSON files, supporting collapsing section.