TagSpaces is an open source, cross-platform, no backend, no login, no cloud personal data manager and file navigator. It helps organize your files, photos and other documents with tags on different platforms and/or devices, according to your own preferences and following your own logic, by using the same smart and friendly interface everywhere.
The project was initiated in 2013 by Ilian Sapundshiev in Munich, Germany. Ilian holds a master degree in computer science and computation linguistics from the Technical University Munich. In 2015 he founded the company TagSpaces UG (haftungbeschränkt), which focus is further development of TagSpaces and derivative products.
TagSpaces is compatible with Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, iOS, Firefox and Chrome. It does not require Internet connection to run on your PC, tablet, smart phone, laptop and other devices. You can still use platforms like Google Drive or Dropbox in order to sync your files between devices.
No registration, no databases and no vendor-locking. You can stop using TagSpaces at any time and your files and folders will remain. Nothing to share and nothing to declare.
- Homepage: https://www.tagspaces.org/
- GitHub: https://github.com/tagspaces/tagspaces
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/tagspaces
- Facebook: https://wwww.facebook.com/tagspacesapp
- YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzfSaeg-7mpt96UI97zwbfQ
- Producthunt: https://www.producthunt.com/posts/tagspaces
- Trello board for ideas and suggestions: https://trello.com/b/TGeG5bi9
- April 2021 - TagSpaces Now Bolsters its File Navigation and Data Management App with On-Prem and Cloud Hosting Options for Enterprises
- February 2021 - Tagspaces: The Welcome Screen is a Welcome Sight
- February 2021, - Everything Wrong with Cloud-Based Note-Taking Apps
- January 2019 - What's the Best Software for Tagging Files?
- December 2018 - artplusmarketing.com - Go cloudless with TagSpaces, a powerful Evernote alternative
- December 2018 - tistory.com - TagSpaces review in Korean
- March 2017 - medum.com - Five promising Evernote alternatives
- November 2016 - thenextweb.com - Go cloudless with TagSpaces, a powerful Evernote alternative
- October 2016 - maketecheasier.com - Tagspaces Revisited: Offline File Organizer with Powerful New Features
- September 2016 - Giga.de - Mit TagSpaces Dateien organisieren
- July 2016 - Ghacks - TagSpaces File Management Program
- June 2016 - Softpedia - Beyond Folders: Tag Your Files to Organize, Group and Find Them Easily
- November 2015 - medium.com - TagSpaces — The Independent User’s No Cloud, Local File Navigator and Data Manager
- October 2015 - maketecheasier.com - TagSpaces, a Powerful Offline Personal File Organiser
- October 2015 - makeuseof.com - Tag, You’re It! How to Manage Files on Linux with TagSpaces
- September 2015 - opensource.com - 6 open source tools to help educators stay organized
- December 2014 - T3N Germany - TagSpaces: Gratis Datei-Verwaltung
- November 2014 - Softpedia - A reliable and user-friendly software solution that helps you quickly organize your files
- April 2014 - Lifehacker - TagSpaces is a Cross-Platform, Tag-Oriented File Manager
- April 2014 - Addictive Tips - TagSpaces Combines Text And Colors Into A Smart File Tagging System
- April 2014 - FindMySoft Editor's Review
- April 2014 - FreewareFiles Editor's Review
- March 2014 - Linux2Business - Applications that can improve your productivity and your company
- February 2014 - Itsfoss - 5 Evernote Alternative Note Taking Apps For Linux
- February 2014 - ILoveFreeSoftware - Free File Organizer To Organize Files By Tags
Please find our press kit in the following section: