Thank you for downloading TagSpaces!
The version of the app published in Google Play is pretty old. In order to get the latest version, please use the following APK package.
The reason for having an older version in Google Play is a change in their policies, preventing updating apps which have access to the file system of the phones. Making TagSpaces meet their new requirements, requires a major re-write of the app, which we are currently not able to fulfill.
You can also download SHA256 signatures to check the integrity of the downloaded package.
Installing the APK file
In order to install the APK file you have to perform the following steps on your Android phone.
- Go to Settings.
- Open the Security & privacy option.
- Scroll down and find 'install from unknown apps'. If it's not there, try under 'more'.
- You should be presented with a list of apps. Find your browser for example Firefox or Chrome.
- Tap on it and then choose 'Allow from this source'.
If the above steps doesn't work for you, try the following:
- Go to Settings.
- Open Apps & Notifications and then select configure apps.
- Scroll down. Find and tap advanced options or special app access.
- Scroll to the bottom of the special app access menu, where you can find the "Install unknown apps" option
- Find your browser, tap on it and select 'Allow from this source'.
Risks of installing apps outside the Play Store - Installing an app outside of Google Play store is risky as you may be subjecting your phone to viruses that come along with these apps, so please be very careful and check your download sources.
- Would you like to help translating TagSpaces ?
- Would you like to contribute code ?
- Would you like to report bugs or feature request ?