The TagPaces team is happy to announce the release of the 2.8 version. This version has some interesting new features, usability enhancements, and several bug fixes.
- Redesigned List Perspective, with folder support
- Folders in grid perspective
- Moved folder tags after the subfolders in the folder navigator
- Disabled editing of descriptions on click
- Restore original tag groups with one click
- Vietnamese language support
- Firefox webclipper improvements
- Internal links support
- New RTF viewer extension
- Select or deselect all checkboxes in HTML editor
- Additional features
- TagSpaces PRO improvements
- Bug fixes
The List Perspective has a redesigned, more streamlined interface, that allows easier navigation, and fits more information on one screen.
- The rows have become narrower, fitting all essential information and elements on a single line
- An indicator now shows the active sorting mode in the header row
- Show folders - List perspective can now show subfolders. To use this feature, enable it from the FAB menu of the perspective.
Then just double click the folders to navigate, single click will select a folder. Subfolders are shown on the top of the list, when enabled.
Hint - Folders in grid perspective Folder navigation has been possible form Grid Perspective since TagSpaces 2.6. When enabled from the FAB menu, subfolders show up as the first tiles on the grid list. You can single click a folder to navigate. The addition of folders to in list Perspective compliments, and completes this feature.
In order to enhance the browsing user experience on folder, we have moved the folder tags after the list of subfolders.
Due to the need to open links, folder and file descriptions can only be edited after explicitly selecting "Edit".
This functionality is available in the Settings menu now, and can be usefull if you have deleted some of the standart tag groups such as the Smart Tags.
Thanks to Transifex user dd721411, we have added now a Vietnamese language support.
The webclipper now generates
.url files. This functionality can be started from the new save bookmark button in the Firefox web clipper.
- Added last changed date to the
- Enable content search in webdav edition
- Export tag groups as
JSONwith unique id’s, for easy reimporting
- Removed deprecated
nwjssupport from the project
Internal links in
HTML documents and in file and folder descriptions can now be opened.
This for now means links to headers within the same file. In a
MD file, you would reference a header the following way:
# Header title ... [Link to header](#header-title)
In HTML, this means the usual anchor references, where you'd have to manually add anchor points, but this is not confined to headers. This works much like in any standard
<a name="anchor-point"/> ...To go to the anchor-point, click <a href="#anchor-point">here</>
Note: File and folder descriptions can be formatted with markdown, internal references will therefore follow the markdown style formatting.
A convenient new feature in the HTML editor allows for selecting deselecting all checkboxes at once.
- Added thumbnail generation for text based files such as
- Fixed the black background of
- Fixed issue preventing creating new files
CSVexport of the file list in Chrome
- Fixed issue with handling paths containing % in the name
- Fixed issue with loading files on startup
- Fixed issue with removing multiple tags